Credit Simple recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide personal information to us, whether directly or indirectly. Credit Simple is not a credit reporter, and will never report information about your creditworthiness to other agencies.
- Personal information we collect
We may collect the following personal information from or about you, where this information is reasonably necessary for our business purposes, including to provide services to you:
- name, gender and date of birth
- driver’s licence or passport number
- phone number, email address, residential or business address and previous address.
Access to credit information held by D&B
From time to time we may collect, use, store and disclose non-identifiable information relating to your use of the Website. For example, we may record information such as the areas of our website that you visit along with the time, date and URL of the pages you access, your IP address and / or the previous website that you visited before linking to the Website.
- How we collect your personal information
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. We may also collect information about you from third parties such as from D&B, our contractors who supply services to us, through our referrers (such as financial advisers), from a publicly maintained record or from other individuals or companies as authorised by you.
Personal information about you may be collected by us in a number of circumstances, including if you:
- register with us by creating an account;
- lodge an enquiry with us by email or telephone;
- apply to work with us; or
- complete any surveys that we issue.
- If we are unable to collect your personal information
The personal information that we collect is necessary to enable us to provide the services to you. If you do not provide all of the personal information we request, you will not be able to use our services.
- Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of being able to operate our business, including to provide services to you. In addition we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (each a Purpose):
- to assess, process and manage your application to use our Services;
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to enable you to get your credit score and other Credit Information from D&B and to enable you to request D&B (as well as updates when certain Credit Information changes occur) and to correct and update your Credit Information held by D&B;
- for identity verification purposes, including utilising identity verification service providers such as Green ID and providing identity verification information to D&B to confirm your identity and current contact details;
- to undertake research, analytics and/or benchmarking;
- to contact you if we need to advise you of something;
- for audit and compliance purposes and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to process and manage your application to work with us;
- to use personal information that you have provided to us to send you details about products and services and special offers that might interest you, from us and from third parties (including credit providers) – see section 7 below; and
- for any other purpose you have consented to or which is permitted under the Privacy Act.
We may also use, store and disclose information that we collect in connection with Credit Simple’s services, in a fully anonymised form, for research and analytical purposes.
- Disclosure of your personal information
You consent to your personal information being disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- D&B – we only disclose your personal information to D&B if you request your credit score or other Credit Information using the Credit Simple Website. The personal information that we disclose to D&B is limited to your identity verification information and contact details;
- our service providers, such as Green ID and other identity verification service providers, IT contractors, call centres, stationery printing houses, mail houses, storage facilities, lawyers, accountants and auditors, who will need to have access to your personal information to provide those services;
- people considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets;
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you;
- our related bodies corporate, to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above;
- any law enforcement, legal, government or regulatory agency, where such disclosure is required or authorised by law;
- other individuals or companies authorised by you; and
- for any other purpose permitted by law.
These entities may be located in New Zealand or overseas.
Disclosure of your personal information to D&B
- Third Party Analytics
- Provision of information about others
We will not ask you to provide us with information about someone else. However, if you provide unsolicited personal information to us about someone else, you must ensure that you are authorised by the relevant individual to disclose their personal information to us for the purpose for which it is provided.
- Direct Marketing
From time to time we may use your personal information that you have provided to us to provide you with:
- updates about your Credit Information (Credit Information Alerts); and
- current information about our services, special offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any third party (Marketing Communications).
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using your information to contact you on an ongoing basis for these purposes, including by mail, email, SMS, social media and telephone.
If you do not wish to receive Marketing Communications, you may at any time unsubscribe from receiving Marketing Communications by responding via the channel in which you received the Marketing Communication or by updating your “communication preferences” on the “Account” page of your Credit Simple account. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
Credit Information Alerts will only include factual information about your Credit Information and Credit Simple account. Credit Simple may send you Credit Information Alerts until your Credit Simple account is terminated or suspended.
We may use technology known as a “cookie” to collect statistical information about you when using internet browsing, mobile or tablet applications. Cookies are small pieces of information captured when your device is used to access online content. They can record information about your visit to the Website, allowing it to remember you the next time you visit and provide a more meaningful experience.
- How you may access your information
It is important to our relationship that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you, including any credit-related personal information we hold about you, at any time. To request access to the personal information that we hold about you, use the contact details specified below. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
If you consider that any information we hold about you is incorrect, you should contact us to request that it is updated. Please let us know if there are any changes to the personal information you have provided to us. We will generally rely on you to assist us in informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your personal information we hold.
- Further Information and Complaints
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information or lodge a complaint by contacting us using the contact details below.
We will deal with any complaint by investigating the complaint, and providing a response to the complainant within 15 business days, provided that we have all necessary information and have completed any investigation required. In cases where further information, assessment or investigation is required, we will seek to agree alternative time frames with you.
- How to contact us