This website is operated by Credit Simple (NZ) Limited (Credit Simple, also referred to in these Terms as “us” “we” and “our”) under the domain name www.creditsimple.co.nz (Website).
This Website provides subscribers (referred to in these Terms as “you” and “your”) with:
- access to information and offers from providers of goods and services, including credit providers (together Providers);
- access to your credit score and other credit information about you from a credit reporter Dun & Bradstreet (New Zealand) Limited (D&B) (Credit Information);
- insights and information about your credit rating; and
- other products and services,
(together the Services).
- Changing the Terms
We may amend these Terms at our sole discretion and without prior notice. However, we will not amend your rights to terminate your Credit Simple account, as set out in section 10 below. Any amended Terms will appear on the Website. Any subsequent access to or use by you of the Website will constitute an acceptance of the amended Terms.
Over time we will add more publicly available data and enhance the offerings that are able to be made to you using the Website. We will let you know when we do this and how it will impact your Website experience. If you don’t like the changes we have made, or anything else that we are doing please let us know. If you aren’t happy with what we are doing or the Services we are providing you can terminate your Credit Simple account at any time.
- Appointment of Credit Simple as your agent
You may use the Website to request access to Credit Information from a credit reporter.
By requesting access to your credit information using the Website you:
- appoint and authorise us as your agent to:
- request that D&B provides you with your Credit Information to be accessed through the Website and/or corrects that Credit Information; and
The authority to act as your agent referred to in section 3 above continues until such time as you terminate your Credit Simple account in accordance with section 10 below. If you have accounts linked to multiple email addresses, please ensure you cancel each account separately.
- appoint and authorise us as your agent to:
- Eligibility to use the Services and identity verification
To be eligible to use our Services you must be 18 years of age or older and meet the identity verification requirements that will change from time to time, but may include providing the number for your New Zealand driver’s licence, New Zealand passport (Eligibility Criteria).
You must not register or access a Credit Simple account on behalf of any other person. By completing the Credit Simple registration page, including the identity verification requirements, you are representing that you are completing the Credit Simple account registration for yourself and not for any other person. We may report any unauthorised use of our Services as fraud, and may report any other suspicious activity using our Website to enforcement agencies or credit providers.
- The Services are not advice
By using this Website and accessing Services, you agree and accept that:
- we can filter offers of financial products and services from Providers (Offers) that are displayed to you on this Website based on your credit score, credit information and other personal information which you have agreed to share with us;
- the Offers displayed to you do not take into account your complete personal financial situation, nor your personal investment objectives, and you should not interpret any Offer you receive as being appropriate for you or constituting personalised financial advice;
- we are not providing you with any legal, taxation, financial or other advice about the suitability or appropriateness of any Offer or Service;
- you should seek advice from an appropriately-qualified financial adviser before making any decision in relation to an Offer if you need assistance; and
- the Website will not present all Offers that may be available to you.
We are not an agent of any Provider in relation to the provision of credit or any Offer. Our role is limited to advertising or displaying Offers to you at the request of Providers. Sometimes we will get paid for these advertised Offers, and sometimes we get paid if your application to accept an Offer is successful. This helps us keep down the cost of providing Services to you. We aim to be transparent about what we get paid and on request will disclose our payments.
You will deal directly with the relevant Provider in relation to any product, service or Offer made available by them. At your request, we may give your details to a Provider to help complete your application for any such product, service or Offer. It is the Provider (and not us) that assesses any applications to accept an Offer and determine whether an application is successful. We do not guarantee that you will be accepted or be eligible for any product, service or Offer that may be shown on the Website.
The other information on the Website is of a general nature and has been provided for informational purposes only.
- Links to Third Party sites
This Website may contain links to the websites of other entities not connected to Credit Simple, including the websites of Providers (Third Party Sites). Links to Third Party Sites are provided for your convenience. We do not control and are not responsible for the Third Party Sites, nor do we endorse or make any representations about those sites or their content. If you access any of the Third Party Sites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Warranties and Liability
Availability and accuracy of information from Providers
We’ll accurately present Offers to you that we receive from Providers. Offers can however change from time to time after they appear on the Website. While we make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate and up-to-date, we do not accept responsibility for any information given by Providers to you, including information about any Offer.
To the extent permitted by law, Credit Simple and its related companies exclude all liability and responsibility for any loss, damages, costs or expense, whether in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise and whether direct, indirect, or consequential (including in connection with business interruption), which you or any other person may suffer or incur in connection with the Services, the use or inability to use the Website or any Third Party Site, any fraudulent or other unauthorised registration for or use of a Credit Simple account or any information contained on the Website or any Third Party Site.
To the extent permitted by law we do not warrant the reliability, availability, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of information on the Website, including your Credit Information and information given by Providers. All information is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied. This includes (but is not limited to) implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement.
In providing the Services Credit Simple is required to provide certain guarantees that cannot be excluded under consumer law, if you are using the Services for personal use, including guarantees as to the acceptable quality and fitness of purpose of the Service. Nothing in these Terms will be read or applied so as to exclude, restrict or modify or have the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying any condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy implied by the law and which by law cannot be excluded, restricted or modified, even if any other provision of these Terms would otherwise suggest that this might be the case.
In the event that any liability for loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you or any third party is not able to be excluded by us, to the extent applicable and permitted by law, our liability to you is limited to resupplying the Services.
Neither we nor D&B will be liable in any way whatsoever to you or anyone else for any financial decision or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon the information provided on the Website or on Third Party Sites. We recommend that you seek advice from an appropriately-qualified financial adviser before choosing to apply for any Offer if you need assistance.
- Intellectual Property
Credit Simple, its logos and products referenced in the Website are trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, copyrights or other intellectual property of Credit Simple or its related companies (collectively, “Credit Simple IP”). Other products, logos and company names mentioned in the Website are the intellectual property of their respective owners.
You agree that we own all rights to the Website and all the content displayed on the Website whatever its nature (the “Site Content”). The Services, Site Content, and our trademarks, service marks, trade names, images and logos are proprietary to, or used with permission by, Credit Simple. You may not use or reuse in any form or by any means, any Credit Simple IP without our express prior written consent. Nothing on the Website should be interpreted as granting (by implication or otherwise) any license or right to use any of the Site Content or trademarks displayed on the Website, including by linking or framing. We prohibit the use of any of the Credit Simple or third party trademarks as part of a link to or from any other website unless establishment of such a link is approved in writing by us in advance.
You agree not to infringe any intellectual property rights owned by us or any other person, including D&B or any Provider. We reserve all our rights in this regard.
- Your login and password
You must keep your username and password (“Login Details”)confidential. You must not allow another person to use your Login Details. Please contact us if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your Login Details or any other breach of security.
- Termination and suspension of your Credit Simple account
We reserve the right to terminate, suspend or otherwise limit your access to or use of the Services if we believe on reasonable grounds that you are breaching these Terms or engaging in unlawful behaviour, and this may be done without any prior notice to you.
You may terminate your Credit Simple account at any time by notifying Credit Simple of your termination by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Credit Simple account will be terminated and you will be unsubscribed from all Credit Simple direct marketing. If you have accounts linked to multiple email addresses, please ensure you cancel each account separately. If you wish to access Credit Simple services again in the future, you can do so by registering for a Credit Simple account using the standard online registration process.
- Your obligations
When you use the Website or our Services, you must:
- abide by these Terms, and any policies, procedures or other agreements you have entered into with us;
- comply with all applicable laws;
- not act in a manner which is, or publish any material in any forum by any means that is, offensive, discriminatory, unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- provide true and accurate information;
- cooperate in any investigation relevant to the Website and/or your use of the Website;
- upon request provide confirmation of your identity or any information you provide to us;
- not use an anonymous proxy or other technique to prevent us from identifying your location or your IP address;
- not robotically or otherwise automatically harvest information from the Website or any Third Party Site, for any reason;
- use our services in a way that will not result in complaints, disputes or claims, whether or not resulting in any financial cost or other liability to us or you; and
- not pay for any transactions with fraudulent funds or proceeds of crime.
- No waiver
If we do not enforce any of our rights under these or any other terms, that is not to be interpreted as meaning we have waived those or any of our rights. If any of the Terms are found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining Terms will remain in effect.
You agree to indemnify Credit Simple and D&B from all claims (however arising), losses, costs and expenses (of whatever nature and including but not limited to legal fees on a solicitor and client basis) incurred by us and/or our related parties in connection with any third party claim of any kind arising out of:
- comments, materials or content you submit or post to or transmit through the Website; or
- (a) your use of the Website in violation of these Terms or any applicable law, or any other breach of these Terms by you.
If any provision of these Terms is illegal, invalid or unenforceable then: (a) where that provision can be modified to give it a valid and enforceable operation of a partial nature, it must be modified to the minimum extent necessary to achieve that result; and (b) in any other case the provision must be severed from these Terms, in which event the remaining provisions of this agreement operate as if the severed provision had not been included.
- Other agreements with us
These Terms are subject to any other agreements you have entered into with us. If there is a conflict between the Terms and other agreements then the agreement that you have most recently entered into will take precedence. Some sections or pages of the Website may contain separate or additional terms and conditions of use. If there is a conflict, these additional terms will govern those parts of the Website or the service.
- Claims and Governing Law
- References in these Terms to D&B and other related companies are intended to confer a benefit on those companies, and be enforceable by those companies, for the purposes of the Contracts (Privity) Act 1982.
- These Terms are governed by and are to be construed according to the laws of New Zealand.
- How to contact us